Filed under: Out in the Community
Hot off the heels of being nominated for several Carbonell awards, the cast of BroadSword came out this past Saturday to kickoff the 13th Annual BeerFest event and announce the BroadSword Official US Air Guitar South Florida Competition. The Adrienne Arsht Center street team greeted fans from its very own BeerFest’s BroadSword Booth. Thousands of South Floridians attended the event to hear great live bands and sample more than 120 beers from around the world.
In a special promotion to support BroadSword, the heavy metal play soon to open in its Carnival Studio Theater, the Adrienne Arsht Center and the Miami New Times have partnered with area clubs to hold air guitar competitions through May 1st. Will the Center find that special person who embodies the spirit of BroadSword and has the skills to represent the United States in the World Air Guitar Competition in Oulu, Finland, this summer?
In the upcoming weeks, look out for mini pre-qualifying competitions in some of the area’s hottest rock clubs leading up to the BroadSword Official US Air Guitar South Florida Competition on May 1st. The winner of that event will be flown to the next U.S. Regional Competition in Las Vegas on May 28th to compete against others from around the country for their shot at the title, cash and prizes.
Anyone can enter the competition but only one will win. Interested air guitarists can compete in any of the five pre-qualifying South Florida events before the official competition on May 1st at Brew @ the Zoo:
- Pre-Qualifier: America’s Backyard (Ft. Lauderdale) – Saturday, April 24
- Pre-Qualifier: Hard Rock Café (Bayside, Miami) – Wednesday, April 28
- Pre-Qualifier: Churchill’s (Miami) – Friday, April 30
- Pre-Qualifier: Vagabond (Downtown Miami) – Friday, April 30
- Pre-Qualifier: Tobacco Road (Brickell) – Friday, April 30
- BroadSword Official US Air Guitar South Florida Competition: Brew @ the Zoo (Miami Zoo) – Saturday, May 1st
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment